Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Anzac Letter

Dear Nanna,

This is hard to say to you, but from my years of honesty I will admit, this place brings forth pain I have never felt and scars I would never have thought to be wounded by. There is sickness, spreading everywhere. Frost bites,  Body lice, and ticks. Frostbite has affecting many of my teammates, one by one. I feel like I will be in their position. Any minute now. I remember picking up a stretcher and lifting an injured soldier called Billy. Remember him? The boy I grew up? The boy who would run and play with me when I was bored? You should. He’s my friend. One by one, I  carry people in a stretcher, I grew a friendship with in the little time I have been here.

Nanna, my fellow love. Do not speak of the letter above. Do not tell anyone. Not my dear mother, not my sickly father, not even my sweet, oh sweet Cecilia. I trust in you to keep this letter to yourself. They would’ve known you have gotten a letter from me, so lie for me will ya? C’mon Nanna. Just a lil ol’ lie. Thanks Nanna for trusting me

Yours truly,

Evelyn

2 comments:

  1. Hi Evelyn,
    This is so amazing with the powerful words you put in there. Its really heart touching. I like the way how you said not to tell your family about the letter and only let nana know. Wow Evelyn, Keep up this amazing work you have provided.

    From June

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete